Thursday, December 8, 2011

Anti-Thematic

I know I have been remiss in posting. Mea culpa. Nothing extraordinary has happened so I decided just to post a few random things. Unrelated and moderately unremarkable.

Flossy Pork.
No, that wasn't a typo. It has swiftly become one of my favorite ingredients. Even if it does look like yarn.


Don't judge too swiftly. This stuff is yummy! It has the texture and consistency of cotton candy--only it's pork.
I first had some in some whole grain rice and though the appearance had me guessing, I went for it and am glad I did. 

I'd also like to take advantage of this lag of exciting to show you where I sleep. Nothing amazing but it's my own private room and I adore privacy. Infinitely better than when I was living aboard the cruise ships and sharing about the same space with two to sometimes five other girls. 



And now for something else completely random, check out the box the Cornflakes come in at the local supermarket call Tops.
Pretty retro huh?

     I walked up to the local mall today and discovered that I'm completely spoiled by going to Seacon Square every Friday. This mall is much, much smaller. Only three measly levels and I walked around the whole thing in less than forty-five minutes. It took me almost that long to walk up there! It takes half the day to walk around Seacon Square. There was an IMAX movie theater there. And when you see on the news that the 'Twilight Phenomenon' reaches overseas, well, yeah, it does. There was a line of about eight girls/women waiting to take their pictures with a large cardboard cutout of Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen and a blown up wedding announcement from the movie. The movie came out at least, what, three weeks ago? And there was still of line of estrogen waiting to take a picture with a piece of cardboard in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday...but hey, I'm all for forms of expression and entertainment and as long as it's not hurting anybody I don't have anything to say about it. Well, anything other than 'Really?'. 

     I will endeavor to do something exciting this week. Or at the very least something very specifically Bangkokian to write about.
     As always...questions? comments? I welcome any interaction. Except if you want to call me a complete idiot. Just don't. Trust me, I call myself one plenty.  For instance, about twenty minutes ago, when I slipped on a completely dry floor and bruised my buttock. Also, a klutz.

2 comments:

  1. This is Rebecca. I am not really one for pork, so I'm sure my next statement is obvious. That stuff seems GROSS. Very few things should have the consistency of cotton-candy... like just cotton-candy. I like your room. I think that windows really help a room, especially if it is a small space. And you know what it is to be obsessed with something. Maybe not Edward Cullen, but does the name David Boreanaz ring a bell? Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think it was gross, but it's not, it's really good. I swear. And yes, I did have a tiny, um, fascination with said actor...but I can't ever see me taking a picture with a cardboard cutout. Now, maybe I might swipe the cardboard cutout, lol...

    ReplyDelete